Re: overheating-HELP!

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: overheating-HELP!
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 10:11:29 -0700
While it seems that you have some other problem as well, I would consider
installing an oil cooler, especially given your climate in Phoenix.

Things to check:
-  is the antifreeze/coolant fresh?
-  are you losing coolant over time?
-  remove and test the thermostat. It may be opening at too high a
temperature.
-  have a radiator shop check the radiator for flow. It may be clogged.
-  does the heater work? I know this won't be comfortable to test, but if
it doesn't provide hot air, the control valve may be clogged. This could
indicate deposits in the cooling system.
-  engine timing
-  carburetor fuel mixture

That's what I can think of, in more-or-less order to try... hope this
helps.

Michael Jose had this to say:

--

Max Heim