Re: Cleaning Gas Tanks

To: ddwelley@excite.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cleaning Gas Tanks
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 14:47:45 EDT
In a message dated 4/23/99 12:47:07 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ddwelley@excite.com writes:

<< I have a question...I removed the gastank from my 77 Midget last
 night...yuck what a smelly mess...It has  (from what I can see) some sludge
 in the bittom as well as powdery rust near the top of the tank. What does
 eveyone use to clean these things out? The radiator shops around here want
 60+.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Dan, get the gas tank cleaner and sealer from Eastwood Co.  It can be ordered
on-line at  www.eastwoodco.com.  The kit's about $35.00.

www.porstore.com has a gas tank kit for about $50.00.  They are the ones who
make POR15 rust preventive paint.

Both of these are good products from reliable companies.  You might want to
check the Whitney catalog for something less expensive.  I don't know about
the quality.

Don't forget a new fuel filter.  Good luck.

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport
(No financial interest in any of these companies. YMMV)