Re: Best Carbs for MG???

To: "MB Owners Digest (E-mail)" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Best Carbs for MG???
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Sat, 1 May 1999 12:41:22 -0700
Come on, you know everyone will just recommend whatever they happen to be
running...

 ; )

Seriously, though, YMMV, but I vote for twin HS-4 SUs. Look right, run
right, not fussy once sorted out. Everyone seems to despise the
Zenith-Stromberg. The Weber DGV downdraft isn't an improvement over SUs,
it's usually just used to replace the ZS. Weber sidedrafts are supposedly
difficult to set up (or rather, require an experienced hand) and are
considered more of a racing option, for motors that have been otherwise
tweaked. I think this sums up the general attitude, but I'm awaiting
spirited rejoinders from various partisans...

Don Cobb had this to say:

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149