Re: Engine equalizer thingameebob

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Engine equalizer thingameebob
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 12:07:23 -0700
Weeeeellll.

        The last time I put in an MGB engine.  I picked up the engine
assembly with one hand whilst installing the starter with the other.  Since
my harbor frt pivot had it's handles fall off, I'm now using a piece of
clothes line tied to a cat.  As I heave the engine over the front valence.
(I've made the front shroud removable with Dzus fasteners) I kick the cat
which puts enough strain on the clothes line to pivot the engine up and
over.  Since the transmission then tends to smash the cat in the head, I can
then kick the still warm body under the front wheels to stop the car from
rolling backwards.  Meanwhile to the strains of Frank Zappa in the
background, I light the det cord with the cigar that I always have clamped
between my teeth.  The det cord acts to weld the diveshaft to the trans,
thus reducing the likelyhood of driveline vibration.
        Sit down, pop a Bud and bend some more baking pans.

Kelvin.