Re: soft top installation

To: "Max Heim" <mvheim@studiolimage.com>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: soft top installation
From: wizardz@maxinter.net
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 23:52:03 -0400
I haven't installed a ragtop since my midget days
in the mid/late seventies.
I truly didn't think it was all that hard.
After mounting the entire top (back bottom all snapped down)
and all pulled up tight around the sides and windows...
I sat inside the car and pulled the front edge over the
front of the frame.
Once I liked the way everything was stretched out and
fit the way I liked .. I marked the top from the inside
...got out of the car...covered the front rail with
silicone... laid the top on it...
moved the rail back an inch or two from touching
the windshield... placed the top on the rail so
it would set on the silicone.
...got it good and stretched tight and clothes pinned it to the
front rail.
After an hour or two I checked the fit by closing the frame
to the windshield.
Once I knew it fit well... I wrapped it over and riveted it
as designed.
NOTE: Do this after it has been sitting in the sun for
awhile to stretch it out right.
not too tight.. as they do shrink.. and a year from now you'll
run into problems.

just my $0.02   YMMV    (my faded memory...)