Re: soft top installation

To: skog@whidbey.com
Subject: Re: soft top installation
From: PBlstnm@aol.com
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 08:04:54 EDT
Dennis,

I just finished installing a top on my '71.  I couldn't have done it without
the step by step instructions in Lindsey Porter's, MGB: Purchase and
restoration guide. It's a Haynes publication, ISBN 0 85429 664 6. I found
that it's not as tricky as the directions would have you believe, but it's
definitely a two person job.  The worst part was getting the old glue off.
Mineral spirits will help.

Two things I learned.  Porter doesn't specify what kind of glue or what size
pop rivets.  I used Pernatex Black Super Weatherstrip Adhesive which worked
very well.  For mine the right size pop rivets is 5/32" (4mm) by 1/2" (12mm).
 They're probably the same on yours.

I hope this helps.  Good luck!

Peter (B) Morris