Re: soft top installation

To: "MG LIST" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: soft top installation
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 18:14:36 -0500
I would only add that it would be helpful to have another person help you
when it comes time to glue the front part of the top to the header bar. The
rest of the procedure can easily be done with 2 hands. I used Porter's book
as a reference too, in addition to the directions provided by Prestige Auto
Trim! ;) The only problem I had was getting the two front corners on the
header bar snug, which created a couple of creases above the windows, other
than that, my one-man, novice DIY job is snug and very water-tight.
Also, I used sheet metal screws rather than pop rivets -- they work just
fine and don't make any boo boos or eventual shrinkage so permanent. No one
will know you used screws rather than rivets unless they pry up your weather
seal!

Dan
73 B