Re: Car Pricing Guide

To: "Max Heim" <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Subject: Re: Car Pricing Guide
From: "wizardz" <wizardz@maxinter.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 16:38:05 -0400
...you have that backwards don't you Max??

example: a head here would cost you $500-$700 USD complete here in the states
in the UK the same head can be had for 195 PBS
195BPS  times 1.60 USD (present exchange rate of 1.60USD to 1PBS )
would only be $312.00 USD and that's from a reputable retailer. Include $100 USD
for shipping and you'd still come out ahead.
check your info again.

The UK now treats MG, Triumphs, etc like the US did VW bugs in the 70's and
80's.
There are repair shops on every corner and a ton more junk yards with parts
there
then here in the US. Good condition vehicle bring a higher price, but that's
because there are fewer
of them.  There are alot more average condition cars running around.
We (the US) all want superior condition vehicles. Call it ego or what ever
but we want what we want.

Their (the UK's)  supply is higher and the demand ...well, is 'run of the mill'
The US supply companies get away with the prices they charge the population of
MG lovers
here because we are willing to let them.

Let's face it. Their in it for the money. That's what a business is for. If it
weren't profitable
they'd be out of business by now.

The common man doesn't know the names/addresses / existance of the average
street corner
parts supplier in the UK. Just like they wouldn't know the names/address/phone
#'s  of the local
Colonial/Pep Boys/Napa/etc stores here in the US.

...example:  the electric window kits for the B use to sell for $499.00USD  in
VB, they went on close out sale
for 299.00 (that's when I bought them.)  Who can tell me the manufacturer's
name and address
of the window kit?

the second set I bought only cost me $264.57 USD including shipping, when I
bought that set
directly from the manufacturer's prime distrinbutor in England.

my $.02   YMMV    (flame suit on)

Paul Tegler
1973 BGT - Daily Driver
1975 Spitfire -in Cherry Shape