Re: Broken TD

To: "Mike Razor" <mrazor@kih.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Broken TD
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 1999 07:57:50 -0700
Mike......

TDs are renowned for breaking half shafts. When this happens, the symptoms
are exactly as you described.

To check, jack the car up at the rear. Release the handbrake and put the car
out of gear. Have an assistant hold one rear wheel still while you rotate
the other one. The driveshaft should turn as you rotate the wheel. If you
can rotate one wheel without the driveshaft turning, the half-shaft that
side is broken.

Replacing the broken half-shaft is a whole 'nother story, for another time
if you find that is the problem.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center