Broken TD

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Broken TD
From: Mike Razor <mrazor@kih.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 1999 08:07:34 -0400
I knew it was to good to be true.  Got 15 miles from home in the TD,
stopped at an intersection and it would not go.  No big noise,
shifted in gear, let out the clutch and it did not go, of course
this was a major intersection.  I pushed it off to the side of the
road, checked the clutch linkage, that had previously fallen out
after the loss of a clevis pin, it was working, care would go in and
out of gear but was not getting any power to the rear wheels.
What gave out?  An axle? The rear diff?  How can I troubleshoot with
out taking it all apart?
Thanks!
Mike R