Re: MGB/Datsun ZX 5 Speed Conversion ??'s

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB/Datsun ZX 5 Speed Conversion ??'s
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 20:54:42 EDT
<<Although I haven't done this personally, a guy in our local club here has.
He likes the gearbox, due to the 5th gear ratio (.82 I believe).  The only
downer to the coversion is that first gear is rather low, and he almost
always starts in second!  Otherwise, the box drives just like a normal B
box.>.

Given that the B box is also a 4 speed with OD, doesn't this rather defeat
the whole purpose of a swap?
Start off with a 5 speed and end up with a 4 speed, and both top gears (OD)
are about the same ratio (.8).
Except you just spent many hundreds of dollars to wind up where you started
from.

Bill S.
(scratching his head in wonderment at the make-work some people seem to like
to do).