Re: MGB/Datsun ZX 5 Speed Conversion ??'s

To: WSpohn4@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB/Datsun ZX 5 Speed Conversion ??'s
From: Ericsmgs@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 11:16:05 EDT
Bill,
You've got to rememeber that o/d boxes were a seldom ordered option here in
the US.  Based upon the cars I've owned (quite a few) I would estimate that
o/d were installed in approximately 20% of the cars shipped to the US.
People over here were used to low-revving high geared V-8's, so the thought
of ordering an o/d never occurred to the average public.  Dealers didn't
order lot cars with them because it naturally drove the price of the car up.
But, everyone does want an overdrive, especially after driving a B at
sustained speeds for a long period of time!

And, to answer your questions, there is somewhat of a shortage of the o/d
boxes over here, driving up the price of those units as well!  Ship some over
and we'll start a distributorship for o/ds!

Eric Swanger