MGB/Datsun ZX 5 Speed Conversion ??'s

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB/Datsun ZX 5 Speed Conversion ??'s
From: Jim Boyd <ISC@dcsi.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 1999 10:41:46 -0700
Hey Listers:

I recently talked with David Lively from Sacramento, CA about his ZX 5
speed conversion to his MG Magnette.  He did the conversion 6 years ago and
has had a very roadworthy car ever since!

I am a bit curious to know if anyone else on the list has done this ZX
conversion to either a MGB or a MGA.

I have purchased an adapter plate and currently have a ZX 5 speed bolted up
to a MGB 5 main engine in the shop.  I'm off to a local machine shop this
week to have a ZX clutch pressure plate adapted to the 5 main MGB flywheel.
 I still have some questions about the transmission mount.

It is amazing to see the absolute similarities between the British/Japanese
trannies!

Any thoughts/questions from non-purists are welcome!