#2 Cylinder Not Firing -> Ignition....

To: "MGList (E-mail)" <mgs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: #2 Cylinder Not Firing -> Ignition....
From: Michael Graziano <mgrazian@ltcm.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 09:34:09 -0400
Well,  the saga continues.  I bought a $20 coil this weekend to try and get
the car past emissions.  That sport coil I bought 400 miles ago died
already.  It'll have to go back....

Once again,  almost running smooth,  but my #2 cylinder is not firing.  I'm
pretty sure it's ignition related b/c when I put the timing light on the #2
wire,  I only get it to light intermittently as if there is no spark going
to the plug.  The misses revealed by the timing light coincide with mini
backfires from the exhaust.

I put a new cap and rotor, a new wire (Accel 8mm Silicone, and I tried
different ones, even ones I KNEW to be good), and a new NGK plug.  It's
still only gets intermittent spark. The spark is more consistant at higher
RPM's, BTW.  Any ideas.  Here are the car specks (you guys should know these
by heart already <grin>)

'78 Midget 1500 (Spit Engine)
Optronic Lumenition Ignition System
Standard Lucas 45DE4 electronic distributor (The electronics are disabled)
ZS Carb
No ballast resistor
Conductive Jelly on wire connector at distributor cap.

Michael

Oh yeah,  thanks for all the help with the driveway problem.  I went with
paint remover and laundry detergent on a few spots.  Worked like a charm.

        __/__,_
|           Michael Graziano            |
|   Long Term Capital Management L.P.   |
|         Phone: 203-552-5706           |
|         Fax:   203-552-5869           |
|       Email: mgrazian@ltcm.com        |