RE: Reproduction Fenders from Moss

To: BMack <bmack99@home.com>
Subject: RE: Reproduction Fenders from Moss
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 15:50:58 -0700
Bryce:

        I have to step carefully, as the last thing I want to do is
propogate more fallicies.   Without a chunk of time researching I can
neither confirm nor deny that Rover is sourcing their fenders from BMHT.
Normally in an instance like that tho' our purchasers are canny enough to be
aware of such an agreement, and we will source direct.
        We do sell lots of BMHT sheetmetal, as all kinds of cute
non-obtainable bits are now available.  The BMHT stuff usually comes in
standard black with the logo label.
        The Rover stuff such as rockers, trunks and fenders is cathodic
protected and finish work seems to be higher than that of the BMHT panels,
so methinks that there is a difference.  I did notice that BMHT is using
metric captive nuts in the MGRV8 hood assembly, for what that is worth.

        As for quoting me, I don't understand why what I said is so
incredible.  We drive hand assembled cars, that were put together from
batches of fabricated pressings.  A number of cars that were assembled had
to be pushed off the line for "rectification".  I am very impressed that
panels made twenty years after my car was produced fit up to my car at all.
Especially considering the stacks of cut washers used on the original
chassis to space the fender mounting points.

        So long as I am quoted in context, as an enthusiast.  Not as a
spokesman for Moss Motors, which I am not.  I have no problem giving
permission for reprint.

regards

Kelvin.

By the way, I do like your web page.  I have to repair dog legs on my car,
and will be trying out some of your tips.  The last time I did them on a B
was 1980 and I used fiberglass, live and learn.