Re: Stump the experts: MG not level

To: John Walker <john@rmartin.net>
Subject: Re: Stump the experts: MG not level
From: James Nazarian Jr <James.Nazarian@Colorado.EDU>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 11:36:10 -0600 (MDT)
This is a shot in the dark, as mone of my cars have ever done this, but if
a car is driven driver only for 20 years it is possible that the sway
bar(s) have been bent to accomodate this.  I have seen bent bars load
suspension in very odd ways so if springs and bushes don't solve your
probems look into swaybars.  I find it hard to beleive that a car sitting
on springs and rubber mounts could settle in such a way that it couldn't
be fixed by replacing the flexable parts.  Lay your sway bar out on a flat
surface and make sure that it is still square and check spring pans up
front and mounts in the rear and make sure nothing has been bent or
deformed.

James Nazarian
'71 B roadster
'74 BGT undergoing V8 conversion for autocrossing