Re: Stump the experts: MG not level

To: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>, MG Mail List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stump the experts: MG not level
From: Dennis Vaders <vaders@WILKES.NET>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 23:46:56 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
To: Dennis Vaders <vaders@WILKES.NET>; MG Mail List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Wednesday, July 21, 1999 9:02 PM

>First of all, how are you determining that the car is not level?

You can look at it and see it sag

>Where are you measuring?

I measure from the wheel arch to the floor and from the frame to the floor

>Have you applied a level to the garage floor to determine that the
>floor is indeed level?

yup

>Have you measured the car with it facing the other direction?

nope, cause the floor is level

>Have you taken corner weights of the car?  (Weigh it at each tire)

my bathroom scale broke when I drove onto it ;^)
(don't have a way to do this which is why I tried the balancing act)

>How did you determine that the frame is indeed straight?
>Did you take it to a professional frame shop and have them
>check it?
>Did you use the factory "collision" manual with the dimensions for
>determining that the frame is indeed straight?

none of the above, I just sighted down the "frame" under the car

>Did you try rotating the tires?

no but I did check the distance from the wheel to the floor (same) and the
tire pressure.