Re: Stump the experts: MG not level

To: vaders@wilkes.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stump the experts: MG not level
From: Lec089@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 23:56:47 EDT
In a message dated 7/21/99 11:12:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
vaders@WILKES.NET writes:

<< The dampers should only exert a force in response to a movement.  When
 sitting still there should be no force from them to the axle.  When I
 installed the new rear springs I didn't notice any binding in them that
 might account for the problem.

Different fluid levels will result in a different "at rest" resistance.  The
drivers
side general has a greater wear due to the drivers weight and often the
driver's
damper will be lower in fluid volume as a result.  I can only speak from
experience, but it corrected mine.

Harry
71 MGB
72 MGB
73 MGB
57 MGA
58 MGA
98 Chevy Blazer
and a few others not worthy of mention...