Re: Jag XKE

To: "Thomas James Pokrefke, III" <pokrefke@netdoor.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Jag XKE
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 16:08:16 -0700
There are a few things that I've learned over the years.

1) It is cheaper to buy a car that is already fixed up than to fix it
yourself.
corollary: the most expensive cars I've ever owned were given to me.

2) It basically costs as much to restore an MG as a Jaguar.

You can buy a nice E-type coupe for about $16,000.  That is about
what I was figuring that I would have spent on my BGT when I was
done fixing it up.  So, you can buy the Jag for about $4,000,
and spend $10-15,000 fixing it up.  Or you can buy one in nice
shape for about $15,000 and drive it.