Re: Jag XKE

To: Alan Lott <lottala@mail.auburn.edu>
Subject: Re: Jag XKE
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 10:29:49 -0400
Alan Lott wrote:
> There is a company in texas - I'm still looking for my bookmark - who will
> sell a complete e-type body shell for around 10,000.

  Martin Robey can likely hook you up, at http://www.martinrobey.co.uk

  I know there are companies that advertise in Jaguar world every
month that sells complete shells.

  The kicker here is that a lot of the very expensive trim
is unique to roadsters and coupes. So you need to be
breaking up the same model as you are attempting
to build.

  This kind of becomes hard, because to build a coupe
or 2+2 you still pay the same for the bodyshell, but
the car isn't worth much more than the bodyshell.

  To build a roadster, well, you have to find a mechanically
decent roadster that is being sold cheap, which is rarer
than "no smoking" signs in Quebec.