battery conversion

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: battery conversion
From: Johnmowog@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 13:00:20 EDT
The group 26 is the way to go, you don't need the moss box unless you really
want it...depending on the condition of your battery "cage", but it is nicer
and the terminals don't seem to corrode as quickly that way. I used it and
had to fuss and fiddle a bit to get everything to fit nicely but once done
it's a clean installation. On the driver's side, get the box and use that
area for your emergency kit stuff... it makes a most useful storage bin.
From: RJohn50603@aol.com
Well after 14 years and three sets of replacement batteries, I'm there.
I need to replace the two 6 volt batteries on my '73 MGB with a sigle 12 volt.
I just can't see paying $100 bucks apiece for the old style batteries.

I guess the easiest thing to do is the plastic battery "bucket" from Moss and
a group 21 or 26 12 volt battery. ANy other suggestions???

R. Johnson - Dallas