Re: battery conversion

To: nagy@duq.edu, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: battery conversion
From: Johnmowog@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 16:49:43 EDT
Running a new battery cable can be quite a chore, especially if the underside
of your B is as coated with British Rust Preventive Flow-Through Lubricant.
The longer length just adds more resistance to what is already a longer run
than it should be when you consider electrical efficiancy
I'd use the pass. side with the moss box, a group26 battery and a new short
ground cable. There is a ground cable and pass through 6 volt cable on the
driver's side, you can discard them. There *shouldn't* be anything else there
besides the cables you won't be using anymore...

I--------------------------------original post--------------------------------
<< From:    nagy@duq.edu (Tim Nagy)
 I've notice front a single battery convertion, my passenger side battery
 cage is about useless, and was thinking of replacing with the plastic
 box.  but, thought about putting the new battery on the drivers(LHD)
 side.

 Do you think I'll run into problems, other than needing to run a new,
 longer cable to the starter?

 One the other side, I noticed a few things attached to the
 passenger(LHD)battery cage.  what do you do with thyose when you replace
 with the plastic box?

 Thanks,

 Tim

 '72 B >>