re: tach question, plus more

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: tach question, plus more
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 10:40:41 -0700
Well, the owner's manual recommends a spare cylinder head for extended
journeys...

; >

Seriously, I also carry a small container of brake fluid, dashpot oil,
duct tape, 12 ga. electrical wire, baling wire, bungie cords, and a dist.
cap, rotor, points, and condenser. I currently have a can of starting
fluid and jumper cables, but they were originally shipped for someone
else's emergency. Don't forget wheel chocks or substitutes (chunks of
wood, etc). Oh, and a spare fan belt... I was once caught without one in
a snowstorm after dark on New Year's Day in the southern Oregon
boonies... it could have been grim. Even at 9 degrees F, it's amazing how
fast it will overheat with no water circulation.

Charles D. Sorkin had this to say:

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149