RE: In the boot+ long trip (long reply)

To: <MGRagtop@aol.com>
Subject: RE: In the boot+ long trip (long reply)
From: "Steve Conley" <swconley@foxinternet.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 1999 10:36:37 -0700
Last week, the "B" & I took our first long distance trip (~900 miles RT)
from the Seattle area to Hayden Lk, ID (We were on the non-Nazi side of the
lake!)
I was a bit nervous because: a) the B had carburetor problems the week
before the trip, b) the route consists of going through the mountain pass
and then through the vast nothingness of E. Washington.
TA DA! The "B" ran great! I was wishing for a V-8 going over the pass, but I
managed to chug through then I flew going down! Then I drove through the
flatlands at 80+ degrees F and 70+ MPH and through it all the temp gauge
stayed between C and N the whole time!
I met my friends in Spokane & then added a co-pilot for the drive up to the
cabin. It was a winding, twisty road that was a blast to drive in the B. My
friends were justifiably jealous.
All in all a great trip (and I managed to fit my golf clubs, suitcase and
tools in the boot!)
Thanks again to Ray & Gary...listers who helped prepare the B for the trip!

"You can observe a lot by just watching." - Yogi Berra

Steve Conley
Marysville, WA  USA
'76 MGB Roadster
GHN5UG393585G