Re: SUs

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SUs
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 09:49:36 -0700
Lawrie et al:

        My ladys' 80 MGB had Hiffies on it and I was never happy with the
air filter situation.  I did some digging in the K&N catalog and came up
with the filters that Moss has listed as 222-985.  These are a tapered
filters that just clear the booster.  They are bloody expensive, but short
of building an air box with velocity stacks seem to be the best filtration
for the application.

        The tapered filter is 5 7/8" X 3 1/2" and is 2" tall.  The fit is
tight and I have had one complaint of the top cover touching the servo, but
this may have been due to sagging mounts.  These will fit without modifying
the insulating spacers.

Kelvin.

btw.  Nice post, the info on needles is a keeper.