Re: Air cleaners

To: "John A. Walker" <john@rmartin.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Air cleaners
From: "Dan Dwelley" <ddwelley@excite.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 1999 11:28:03 PDT
There is a performance gain it's marginal but is a plus. The thing you need
to ask yourself is...how many times per year do you change your air filter
and how much does it cost for a new filter each time. K&Ns are suppose to
last for (correct me if I'm wrong on their advertised time) 1 million miles.
I'd base it on a 10 yr. time frame. So...your equation is  cost for filter x
times per year you change your filter x 10 yrs. If the cost for paper
filters is more than the K&N filter then you will have two
gains...performance and saved money.

Everything is relative.
Keep in mind that if you go to the K&N filters, you will probably have to
change needles in your carb. to equal out the gas air flow mixture.

Good Luck,
Dan Dwelley
77 Midget
Alexandria, Va.

On Wed, 08 Sep 1999 10:56:54 -0700, John A. Walker wrote:

> Since we are talking about air cleaners anyway,
> here is a question for you guys.
>
> My 'B' currently has the stock air cleaners on it
> with standard paper (i think) filters in them.
> My question is, will I gain any performance by switching to
> some sort of higher flow air filter such as a K&N?
> If there is a performance increase is it worth the high
> prices they ask for the after market air cleaners?
>
> What are your opinions?
>
> -JW
>

>         John Walker
>      john@rmartin.net