Re: 9/9/99

To: Dave Houser <mgs4dave@warwick.net>
Subject: Re: 9/9/99
From: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 1999 22:06:53
No, it's not so.  I don't know who started it.

What we USED to do was, typically in databases, use 99/99/99 as an
end-of-records marker.  There's lots of special-case code that used
99/99/99.  However I can't imagine why anyone would use a valid date
9/9/99.  But the rumours persist....

I think the universe will hum on.

- Tab