Re: 9/9/99

To: mgs4dave@warwick.net
Subject: Re: 9/9/99
From: Michael J Robson <miker15@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 21:18:16 -0400

On Wed, 08 Sep 1999 21:57:54 +0000 Dave Houser <mgs4dave@warwick.net>
writes:
> Friends,
> As I sign off tonite, I'm reminded that my birthday tomorrow has a
> special meaning in the old computer code leading to possible Y2K
> probs.
> At 9/9/99, programs were scheduled to stop. Is this so?
> Thanks goodness, there's no chips in my MGs.
> Cheers,
> Dave Houser

Happy Birthday Dave - I heard on the news that the only thing to shut
down today was various lotteries around the USA - apparently, so many
people were playing nines that they hit an automatic cut-off used to
protect against fraud (and avoid too many winners!)

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT
53 Riley (for sale)