Re: 9/9/99

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 9/9/99
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 00:38:48 +0000
As an old COBOL programmer (nobody laugh... you *love* that old piece of
technology in your garage)... my prediction is that, as far as my life
is concerned, unless I pay any attention to the media and whatever
beat-ups they drum up, then the whole Y2K thing will pass just as did
the 9/9/99 thing.

It is a beat-up and a fizzer and will be so for most people I know or
interact with.

As a programmer we sorted this out with our software 16 years ago (and
even thought of creating a company to fix other software up because we
thought their might be a demand for it - but thought it might be a
non-event).

I will be out driving that day and I bet no planes fall on my head!!!

Eric
'68MGB MkII