RE: MGF in America

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: MGF in America
From: John Walker <john@rmartin.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 13:09:04 -0700
I believe this time the start of the thread had nothing to do with the 'F'
specifically.  Neither did many of the posts.
I know that I for one was saying that BMW would be silly not to import
an MG into the US.  I do not care if it is the specifically 'F' or a 'Q'
model.
Knowing BMW though, I would be surprised if they continued production of
the 'F' even in Europe.  They will be looking toward a new model which has
their engineering edge to it.

Although I also belive that (while I understand that they may not have had
the funds available to do so) Rover dropped the ball by not importing the MGF
into the US market which quite honestly (if done correctly) might have saved
Rover as an independent manufacturer.

But that is just my opinion.  I could be wrong, and often am. :)

-JW

At 03:55 PM 9/10/99 -0400, Larry Macy wrote:
>rant mode on
>
>Sheesh there is nothing like flogging a dead horse.
>This is what, like the 5th or 6th time this discussion has happened in
>the last year?
>
>The MGF is NOT coming to America. Get over it.
>
>Wanna see one - go where they are.
>
>I hope at some future date an MG will come to America - but it won't be
>the F.
>
>rant mode off/shields up
>
>Larry
>
>Who does know where the delete key is - I use it a lot. (especially for
>email from work - what a waste of band width that drivel is)

        John Walker
     john@rmartin.net
     drone@d23.com
~= Early 1974 MGB =~