Re: [Fwd: Re:Engine Block Heater]

To: "artworks@bigfoot.com" <ya632@victoria.tc.ca>,
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re:Engine Block Heater]
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 23:56:47 -0400
I use a magnetic one. The magnet holds it to the bottom of the oil pan
when it gets relly cold. Only one I could find that worked on my MIdget
in WY and Colorado.
Another option is a special heater for the battery - won't heat the oil
but will give more cold cranking amps.

Larry

>>The dipstick heaters are famous for starting fires.  Please be cautious.
>>
>>Baker
>

>        Having driven my little '68 MGB an entire -40 C (although at -40
>they cross, AFAIK) takeoff yourmufflerwiththesnowridgesintheroad Calgary
>winter (without a single damn Chinook) about ten years ago, I have
>thoroughly tested the little block heaters that go in the frostplug hole,
>and they work incredibly well and I thoroughly recommend them.  I don't
>know what it would do if it really got cold, though! <grin>
>Paul Nelson in sunny Victoria

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up.

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
System Manager/Administrator
Neuropsychiatry Section
Department of Psychiatry
University of Pennsylvania
3400 Spruce St. - 10 Gates
Philadelphia, PA 19104

In a world without walls or fences, what use do we have for windows or
gates?