Re: Dash Pad Covers

To: "Carl Elliott" <grunt2@adelphia.net>, "Bob Holton" <bholton@golden.net>
Subject: Re: Dash Pad Covers
From: "RL Chrysler" <lchrysl@fhs.csu.McMaster.CA>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 18:54:48 -0400
Carl wrote:

> I have used a dash cover on both my midget and BGT. They are good.
> Just do a little fitting and trim where necc, Carl E.
>
> Bob Holton wrote:
>
> > Greetings to the List from Southern Ontario,
> >
> > I've been slowly replacing or refurbishing bits in the cockpit of my 80
LE,
> > and I've come to my dash, who's top has one crack from front to just
before
> > the drop into the cockpit.  I have looked at products offered by Moss
and V.B.

> > Moss # 413-905
> >
> > V.B. # 15-130
> >
> > Both prices are close.  I'm wondering if anyone out there in MG land has
> > had experience with these products.  Any constructive advise concerning
> > them will be most welcome.

Further to that, is there a fix or replacement piece for the padded strip
which goes along the edge of the dash on early cars, (ie '66 BGT series 1
with the metal black crinkle dash)? I have one which has a couple of splits,
exposing old foam which has deteriorated away in the exposed spots.
Rich Chrysler