Re: I need a 1098cc engine

To: Spunky6686@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: I need a 1098cc engine
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 10:18:22 EDT
In a message dated 9/19/99 6:52:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Spunky6686@aol.com writes:

<< does a 1275 or an 1100 fit in a 63 mg midget. And i didn't now that they
ever
 came 1100cc at anytime. >>

Although I could be wrong (it would be the first time!) I believe the 1098
engine was a bored out 948 block, and the 1275 was the same block bored out
even larger.  All of the A blocks should fit in all of the Spridgets, with
the possible exception of the 1500 Midgets.

I have a 1500 which, of course, is the most powerful Midget engine, and is
not fully interchangeable, because it was the engine from the Spitfire, hence
the term, Spitfidget.  (I always like Spitfidget better than Spritota, which
is a Sprite with a Toyota engine.  At least a Spitfidget is all British.)

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport