Re: I need a 1098cc engine

To: mvheim@studiolimage.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: I need a 1098cc engine
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 11:01:11 EDT
I checked out that book last night.  It is the Illustrated MG Buyers Guide by
John Heilig (1997).  It says that the 1500 was the first Midget capable of
exceeding 100 MPH.  But the specs he gives for the 1500 and the Mark IV
surely don't make that obvious.

The Mark IV has 67 HP and weighs 1500 (roughly) lbs.  The 1500 has 55 HP and
weighs 1800 (roughly) lbs.  I don't see how the 1500 could be faster.  Both
transmissions are listed with the same ratios.  It does state that the
Spitfire engine seems "softer" than the A series engine.  I think meaning
that the A series engine is more responsive.

I'll still keep mine.

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport

In a message dated 9/20/99 5:43:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time,