Crack of doom #&%^*@%!!!!

Subject: Crack of doom #&%^*@%!!!!
From: "Bob DeWeese" <bearlock@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 20:56:38 -0400
Hi gang!

Some of you may remember me from a couple of years ago 77 MGB (green with
black spots).  I'm a locksmith in Baltimore.  Coming back to ya, yet?

My green with black spots B is now BRG (or at least close).  It looks REALLY
good.  I put a gold "MGB" stripe on it - The one that goes above the side
molding.

As part of the body work I had the "crack of doom" repaired.  I finally got
to put that right side view mirror on.  Here-in lies the problem.

About three weeks after I put the mirror back on, guess what's coming back.
THE CRACK!  Now in all fairness the gut said he couldn't guarantee that it
wouldn't come back, but I figured I'd get more that three weeks out of it.

I noticed while I was driving the mirror would vibrate.  Best I can guess,
this is what made the crack reappear so quickly.

I remember reading some different solutions to the problem posted here a few
years ago.  If someone could repost them/email me a copy/tell me where to
find them, I'd be very grateful.  I'm going to print them out and take them
to the guy who painted it and see if he can repair it according to the best
posted solution.  I'm also going to have him fill the mirror holes.  (Once
bitten, twice shy)

Bobby

Bob De Weese, CPL
Bear lock & Security Service