RE: Crack of doom #&%^*@%!!!!

To: James Nazarian Jr <James.Nazarian@Colorado.EDU>
Subject: RE: Crack of doom #&%^*@%!!!!
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 14:15:59 -0700
James:

        You make a good point.  Normally I MIG weld the tear.  The cracks I
have seen, start at a stress riser right at the corner of the window opening
fold.  I reinforce this area with a MIG weld bead, then carefully file the
area to give a smooth transition.  Once this is done, I have so far had no
re-occurrences.

        Take a look at where the crack originates, I think it will be
obvious what I am referring to.

Kelvin.