Oil/Water gauge

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil/Water gauge
From: "Hicks, Stephen" <SHicks@northatlantic.nf.ca>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 11:38:57 -0230
I have a 65 MGB with the round oil/water temp gauge. The oil portion of the
gauge has the needle stuck at 35 psi. I think the needle is stuck against
the bezel of the gauge. Has anyone ever taken these gauges apart? Will they
come apart?

This past weekend I found a used gauge. It however has the temp. bulb cut
off.  Someone told me the bulb was filled with fluid
( alcohol) and that it is not repairable. Can anyone verify this?
If there is a means to repair, what does it involve? I was hoping to make
one good one from the two. I believe a new one is around 280.00 CDN dollars,
so you can understand my dilemma.

Thanks

Steve Hicks
Newfoundland Canada