Looking for 1965-1967 MGB

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Looking for 1965-1967 MGB
From: "Tony Woodruff" <tonyw@mailmedia.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 11:19:41 -0700
I am new to the list.  I'm sure the following message will betray that fact
without stating it outright.....

I once owned a '69 MGC roadster.  I don't want to talk about what I sold it for
or what I did to this fine machine as a youth.  It is unforgivable - I put a
"B" engine in it after blowing holes in the pistons of the "C" engine.

As an older, and I like to think more patient person, I would now like to
redeem myself with either another MGC (original) roadster or a 65-67 MGB (I've
heard these are the "best" years - metal dash, no "smog" equipment, 5-bearing
engine, etc.)  And yes - I appreciate the irony of someone such as myself
requesting an "all original" car!

Keeping this under $5,000 US, and keeping in mind that I'm in the Northwestern
US, I'd like any leads that you may have on either of these ideas.

Best regards,

Tony Woodruff
dryfly@geocities.com

And now for the quote of the day...

"Originality is the fine art of remembering what you hear, but forgetting where
you heard it."
--Laurence J. Peter