SU Fuel pump thread

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: SU Fuel pump thread
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 10:00:40 +0100
Friends

I haven't been paying all that much attention to this thread
but it seems to be rumbling on - and on. Below is an extract
from the October issue of Triumph SIXappeal which you may
find useful - even marginally interesting? No financial
involvement of course and I don't have a web URL or e-mail
address.

John Macartney

Editor - SIXappeal
The Triumph 2000 2500 2.5 Register

BURLEN FUEL SYSTEMS
launch electronic SU fuel pump
Burlen Fuel Systems of Salisbury has introduced a complete
range of pointless SU solid-state electronic fuel pumps.
While such items were not fitted to any of our cars as
original equipment, some may have 'grown' them over the
years. Equally, members may have other classics which do use
SU pumps and for them, this snippet may be of particular
interest.
While the internals and method of operation of the Burlen
pump is different to the genuine SU, the Burlen units are
externally identical to the SU  and they 'tick' just the
same as well.
Burlen have also introduced an electronic conversion kit
whereby you can modify your current SU pump to electronic
actuation.
For further advice or technical info, contact Miles Harvell
at Burlen Fuel Systems on +(44) 1722 412500

UK callers to the above number obviously have to change the
front end for national calls.