Re: BGT choke

Subject: Re: BGT choke
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 13:30:03 +0100
Brad,

My 73 roadster and 75 V8 pull about 1.25".  Since the pull is governed by
how the cable clamp has been set at the carb end, I would hazard a guess
that your Mothers has been set so the choke is always half-way out.  This
will give you rich running, or if the mixture is correct, insufficient
enrichment when the choke is pulled, and if the idle speed is near correct,
no fast-idle.  If you have a look at my web site and select 'Spanners' and
'SU Carbs' (always assuming it has SU carbs) you will see a description of
how to set up the choke.

I am not sure from your other comments as to whether the car starts or not.

PaulH.
http://freespace.virgin.net/paul.hunt1/
(or if that URL doesn't work try   )
(http://194.168.54.52/paul.hunt1)