Re: Decent Heat

To: mgs@autox.team.net, tab@penworks.com
Subject: Re: Decent Heat
From: MGRagtop@aol.com
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 1999 23:51:45 EDT
Wait till you experience the "half-dead  hamster breathing through a straw"

You must have got that from Peter Egan of Road & Track fame... I remember
reading an article he wrote about 15 years ago about driving a LBC from the
frozen north to California in the middle of winter, and I have used the
Hamster-through-a-straw line on more than one occasion!!!!

As for getting decent heat, go with a hotter thermostat. I am running a 165
TS in my 63 B, as fall progresses I feel that I need at least a 180, the car
seems to run better at a hotter temp. Also,in regard to blocking off the air
flow to the radiator, The Proper MG sells radiator muffs for the earlier
chrome bumper cars. These look like the same thing as seen in Porters Guide
to DIY restoration. This for sure beats a piece of cardboard behind the
grille, and they look pretty sharp to boot.

Stephen P Bartley
Portsmouth NH
1963 MGB
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Show/8052/home.html