Re: Decent Heat

To: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Subject: Re: Decent Heat
From: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 1999 17:09:52 -0500
Charley & Peggy Robinson wrote:

>   The engine was a 4-banger with twin sidedrafts.  It had a floorshift
> 4-speed and was a spirited little car.  I seem to remember that they had
> some success rallying those cars.  What was the lineage of the engine
> and carbs?

Volvo 544 Sedan (or saloon); Werner Gudzus successfully raced one in
Canada in the 60's; did so well he earned a sponsored ride in a Porsche
RS-60 racer.

Typical Volvo OHV 4-cyl, precursor of the B-18, B-20 mills, twin SU
carbs, I *think* inch and a half throats. Mind you, this is all from
memory and I'm 62.

-Rock   ;)
--
Rocky, JJ Cale Band & Pratchett Books: http://www.rocky-frisco.com