Re: Decent Heat

To: Simon Matthews <simon_atwork@hotmail.com>, mgs List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Decent Heat
From: "James H. Nazarian" <microdoc@apk.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 17:08:28 -0400
Simon,

If the engine is running but not getting up to proper running temp,
    1. The thermostat is stuck open.
    2. Replace the thermostat with one that opens at 190 or 195.
    3. You have too much radiator exposed, block some.
    4. Your temp sender or gauge don't work properly.
    5. Replace the radiator cap, it may be leaking.
    6. Check all hoses and the water pump for leaks.
    7. Review and follow the cooling system diagnostics in a shop manual like
Clymer's.

That should cover and correct 99% of cooling system faults. I'm anxious to hear
your findings in case you have something new to add to the list of potential
causes.

Jim