Re: Roller throw out bearing

To: "James H. Nazarian" <microdoc@apk.net>
Subject: Re: Roller throw out bearing
From: "John A. Walker" <john@rmartin.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 16:45:06 -0700
The following is a direct quote for the MG god himself, John Twist:

"The only roller release bearings I've seen have failed! I know these
modern style
bearings are supposed to be slick, my experience is not so. Further, IF you
keep your foot off the
clutch except when taking off and changing gears, the carbon bearing lasts
longer than the clutch
disc. That's a fact."

No offense guys but I think I am going to stick with Mr. Twists advise. :)

-JW

At 07:24 PM 10/19/1999 -0400, James H. Nazarian wrote:
>Having taken a few MG's apart, I have found that of all that had a worn out
>carbon bearing, none needed the clutch replacement. Of course it was done
>anyway. Use of the Roller Throw Out Bearing will give longer spans between
>clutch jobs. I've never seen a worn out Roller Throw Out Bearing, nor have I
>seen any drawbacks to them.
>
>Jim

        John Walker
     john@rmartin.net