Re: What causes "shutoff shudder"?

To: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Subject: Re: What causes "shutoff shudder"?
From: James Nazarian Jr <James.Nazarian@Colorado.EDU>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 15:09:39 -0700 (MST)
If what you are describing is run-on, I don't know how to tune it out of
the system, but if you blip the throttle before you turn the key off it
should keep it from happening.  Just a guess, but I think it is caused by
carbon build up on the cyls/plugs that gets so hot it is causing ignition
even once the car is shut off.  You might try hotter plugs and/or leaning
out the mixture.

James Nazarian
'71 B roadster
'71 BGT rust free and burnt orange