Re: What causes "shutoff shudder"?

To: BobMGT@aol.com
Subject: Re: What causes "shutoff shudder"?
From: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 00:24:50
Well, I can't afford 98 octane on the 13.5 gallon tank :)  87 octane is now
running US$1.33; 97 is, I think, $1.53 (please, no ongoing thread about
fuel prices).

To date, the suggestions, in descending order of probability are:

1) Faulty run-on valve
2) Dirty carb/air
3) Too low octane
4) Too high temp
5) Too high idle (or was it too low?)
6) Failure to sacrifice small animal before shutting off engine.

Bad run-on valve seems the most likely, and we can probably combine 2 and 3
into verifying that the carb is as it should be.  As for number 6, if the
cat gets out of the way in time, there's not a lot that I can do... :)

- Tab