Re: What causes "shutoff shudder"?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: What causes "shutoff shudder"?
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 16:40:53 -0800
I believe that the reason the engine continues to run is that carbon
deposits inside the combustion chamber are still burning, or are at least
hot enough to cause the fuel to ignite. The cause of the carbon deposits
is either a too rich mixture or incomplete combustion caused by poor
timing (too retarded). So, as you say, it's an indirect cause. After
correcting the contributing cause, it may take a while to burn away the
carbon enough so that the dieseling stops.

Skye Poier had this to say:

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149