Re: spongy brakes and fast idle

To: Josef Kurtz <kurtz@helix.mgh.harvard.edu>
Subject: Re: spongy brakes and fast idle
From: Carl French <cfrench@cybertours.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 11:34:04 -0500
Josef Kurtz wrote:

> greetings all!  i have been off the list for awhile acquiring a brand
> new, late model 1999 wife, complete with school loans (DPO's?), odd family
> members, and a collection of decorative pillows (can anybody explain this
> to me?).  but, the body is in cherry shape, and the engine sounds like it
> is going to purr for a lifetime, although i found i could get it to
> overheat when i am not careful :)

 Boy, can I relate here or what. I too aquired a 1999 wife this summer
and the MG being the transport from the church to the reception was a
real hit. We then took it to VT from here in southern Maine for a week
long loop of N.E. We had the sills and paint done last year and putting
it all back together again took all my spare time up till the wedding.
There is a member of my club (The New England MG Car Club) in Boston who
does repairs and restorations on the side. His name is Mike Oliva, his
phone number is 781-337-1117. I do not know where in the Boston area you
live but I can very highly also vouch for McLean's/Britbits in
Portsmouth they are honest and fair on things you can't figure yourself.
If you have not stopped inthere you really should and introduce yourself
to Sam who runs the parts business, maybe my nephew Ben will be there
too. He works there to keep himself in coke and bagels at UNH. Bud
Krueger is on the list and lives in Plymouth, he is a wealth of info.
 I have decided to cc this to the list because the more I thought about
the honeymoon, the more I realized this qaulified for the MG magic
thread especially when I remembered the blisteringly hot day when we
were starting to get cranky and tired of the top down effect. all of a
sudden around the little road comes an ageing hippie on an ageing
tractor he invited us to use his own secret swimming hole across the
field. It was pure magic to be in a crystal clear pool of water with a
waterfall coming out of the trees behind us. THAT was MG magic, had we
pulled up in the Sable he would have mumbled something about D%&# yuppie
flatlanders!
  Sorry for being so long but does this fit the requirements Allen?
Carl French
Alfred, Maine
married to the most wonderful woman in the world 5 months,8 minutes ago