Re: hot stuff

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: hot stuff
From: "John A. Walker" <john@rmartin.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 13:33:22 -0800
While shopping at Home Depot I have seen some new high efficiency portable
ceramic coated radiator style heaters.  The units run on Kerosine I believe
and are
rated for in home use, so I would have to think that the emissions can not
be too great.
The unit that I saw was about $120.00.  I have not seen one in operation
though, so I do
not know how much heat they put out or how often they need to be refilled.

-JW

At 04:18 PM 11/23/1999 -0500, you wrote:
>Nobody has mentioned electric heat.  Electric heat would eliminate the need
>for venting.  I know that Home Depot and COSTCO (Price Club) sell an
>electric dish heater.  Best display of it was at COSTCO!  I walked past the
>darn thing at about 15 feet away and felt nice and toasty!  One downside to
>this is cost to operate.  I live on Long Island and our electric prices are
>through the roof.

        John Walker
     john@rmartin.net
     drone@d23.com