Re: hot stuff

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: hot stuff
From: John Walker <john@rmartin.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 21:57:31 -0800
Yo Rick!  Take it easy big guy.
First of all, the heater that I saw and many others are rated for indoor use
by several federally approved testing agencies.  Secondly, I believe that
the original
topic was heaters for use in a garage.  I don't know about you, but most of
the garages
that I have worked in are less than air-tight and it would take a pretty
serious burner
to produce enough co to be toxic to a human in that environment.
Besides, I'm sure that our fellow list members are smart enough to read the
directions
supplied with whichever heater they might choose and take any precautions
necessary.

Be warm and cruise on!

-J

>> While shopping at Home Depot I have seen some new high efficiency portable
>>  ceramic coated radiator style heaters.  The units run on Kerosine I
believe
>>  and are
>>  rated for in home use, so I would have to think that the emissions can not
>>  be too great.
>
>If anybody on this list is considering using any type of external combustion
>heater indoors I have one question.
>
>Can I have your MG after they find you dead of carbon monoxide poisoning?
>For anyone that does not remember carbon monoxide is colorless, odorless,
and
>tasteless.  Your lungs like CO more than they like Oxygen.  This means that
>is there is CO present you body will pick that up instead of O2.  When
people
>commit suicide by running a car in closed garage it's CO that does the
>killing.
>Rick Ewald

John Walker
john@rmartin.net